A lot of people are out of rapport with others and it causes all sorts of drama. So in this episode, I’m going to show you what is rapport, ways to build rapport and ways you can also destroy rapport. Enjoy! 🙂
My goal is help you build confidence and self esteem and be more assertive by teaching you 1 empowering concept that you can use immediately.
In this episode I’m going to talk about the important and power of rapport. Rapport is probably the most important ingredient for healthy relationships. A lot of people are out of rapport with others and it causes all sorts of drama. So in this episode, I’m going to show you ways to build rapport and ways you can also destroy rapport.
In addition, at the end of the show, I’m going to give you some homework thats going to help you use rapport more intentionally so that you can have better relationships.
the presence of trust, respect and safety, harmony, understanding, and cooperation in a relationship. Really, it’s that you appreciate and respect another person’s view of the world.
Examples of Rapport
- Ever meet someone – and the conversation is so-so. Then suddenly, you and find out that they are from your same town?
- Or you went to see a movie with friends and one friend didn’t want to see the same movie?
- Or have you noticed in a restaurant when people are enjoying each other – they use the same language or act the same (same body language)?
- Or interviewed someone and they totally were not a good “culture fit”?
- Or you’re on the job and you don’t know the lingo yet?
- You don’t need to like or agree with someone to have rapport with them – think of coaches or ambassadors.
- It’s NOT sympathizing or even agreement of their view of the world – you don’t need to adopt it. It’s just that you understand it.
- That you demonstrate understanding of their view of the world. When you can do that — you tell the person really – I like you, I understand you. That generates trust and safety.
Depositing into the EBA “I understand you”
- Matching the other person
- Respecting others and differences
- Accepting others
- Listening and understanding
- Caring for the other person
- Showing interest
It’s really about getting the other person. Understanding their world.
When you have it…
✓ People feel listened to and heard
✓ Feeling of being liked and wanting to like the other person
✓ Communication flows
✓ Trust and understanding
✓ Connected, strong bond
A feeling of Sameness!!!
Withdrawing from the EBA “I dont understand you”
- Putting the other person down Not listening
- Being selfish with them
- Being dishonest to them
- Ruthlessly angry to them
When you dont have it…
✓ The relationship falters
✓ “Walking on eggshells”
✓ Fight or flight, STRESS
✓ Communication is poor, no listening
People dont buy from people who they dont have rapport with.
People tend to operate on the idea…
that their view of the world
the real world.
Start noticing when others are in rapport.
In conversation, ask yourself – is this creating or breaking rapport?
Thanks…and please leave your comments or ideas below! What do you think?
Visit www.TheEmpowermentSchool.com for more Empowering Videos
“Same pants? Pants rapport! Twins!”